Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jerome Reunion - 1 September 1991

 The Jerome Reunion on 1 September 1991 was held at the Jerome Methodist Church.  Below is the Program for the Worship Service.
------------------------------------------
Our Order of Worship
Jerome Reunion, Sept. 1, 1991

Prelude -  Jeremy McElvain

Lighting of Candles

Call to Worship:
 Leader:  The Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
 People:  And also with you.
 Leader:  The risen Christ is with us.
 People:  Praise the Lord!

*Hymn of Praise:  How Great Thou Art

Prayer of Thanksgiving (In Unison)
   The Prayer of Saint Francis
   Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace;
   where there is hatred, let me sow love;
   where there is injury, pardon;
   where there is doubt; Faith;
   where there is despair; hope;
   where there is darkness, light;
   and where there is sadness, joy.

  O Divine Master,
  grant that I may not so much seek
  to be consoled as to console;
  to be understood, as to understand;
  to be loved, as to love;
  for it is in giving that we receive,
  it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
  and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Special Music
    Tim Frewing - trombone solo
    Tim and John Frewing - duet

Responsive Reading - Psalm 138

I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
  before the gods I sing your praise;
I BOW DOWN TOWARD YOUR HOLY TEMPLE
  AND GIVE THANKS TO YOUR NAME FOR YOUR
  STEADFAST LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS;
for you have exalted your name
  and your word above everything.
ON THE DAY I CALLED, YOU ANSWERED ME,
  YOU STRENGTHENED MY LIFE.

All the rulers of the earth shall praise you, O Lord.
  FOR THEY HAVE HEARD THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH;
and they shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
  FOR GREAT IS THE GLORY OF THE LORD.
For the Lord is high, but regards the lowly.
  YET KNOWS THE HAUGHTY FROM AFAR.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
  you preserve my life;
  YOU STRETCH OUT YOUR HAND AGAINST THE WRATH
  OF MY ENEMIES AND YOUR RIGHT HAND DELIVERS ME.
O Lord, fulfill your purpose for me;
  O LORD, MAY YOUR STEADFAST LOVE ENDURE FOREVER.
  DO NOT FORSAKE THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS.

Gloria Patri

Announcements and Concerns

Pastoral Prayer
Solo - The Lord's Prayer - Joan Felkner

*Hymn of Faith:  Because He Lives

Offering
*Doxology

Sermon and Scripture Reading - Rev. Paul Smith

Hymn of Consecration:  He Touched Me

Benediction

--------------------------------

HOW GREAT THOU ART

1.  O Lord my God!  When I in awesome wonder
consider all the worlds thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
they power throughout the universe displayed.

    REFRAIN
    Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee;
    how great thou art, how great thou art!
    Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee;
    how great thou art, how great thou art!

2.  When through the woods and forest glades
I wander, and hear the birds sing sweetly in
the trees; when I look down from lofty mountain
grandeur and hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze;

3.  And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
sent him to die, I scarce can take it in;
that on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
he bled and died to take away my sin;

4.  When Christ shall come with shout of
acclamation and take me home, what joy shall
fill my heart.  Then I shall bow in humble
adoration, and there proclaim, my God, how
great thou art!

BECAUSE HE LIVES

God sent his Son, they called him Jesus;
he came to love, heal, and forgive;
he lived and died to buy my pardon,
an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

    REFRAIN
    Because he lives, I can face tomorrow,
    because he lives, all fear is gone;
    because I know he holds the future,
    and life is worth the living just because he lives.

2.  How sweet to hold a new-born baby,
and feel the pride and joy he gives;
but greater still the calm assurance, this child
can face uncertain days because he lives.

3.  And then one day I'll cross the river;
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
and then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he reigns.

HE TOUCHED ME

     Shackled by a heavy burden,
     neath a load of guilt and shame,
     then the hand of Jesus touched me,
     and now I am no longer the same.

     REFRAIN

     He touched me, O he touched me,
     and O the joy that floods my soul!
     Something happened, and now I know,
     He touched me and made me whole.

     Since I met this blessed Savior,
     since he cleansed and made me whole,
     I will never cease to praise him;
     I'll shout it while eternity rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment